Accounting Specialist - Payroll and Benefits Lead - Twin State Technical Services
The Accounting Specialist works with the admin team to provide accounting services with primary responsibility to lead the accurate and timely preparation and processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, taxes, and other deductions as well as support for traditional accounting functions.
Twin State is an enthusiastic and creative tech company with a great reputation. Twin State was named the 2020 Business of the Year by the Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce. We provide our employees with an atmosphere where they can thrive by offering professional growth opportunities, flexible hours, stability, paid professional development, excellent insurance benefits, paid time off, and a close-knit, family culture.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Communicates with team to ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Collects , prepares and/or and files accurate payroll records and reports for internal documentation and required records with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Participates in processing payables/receivables, benefits and general bookkeeping duties.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- As appropriate, coordinates with software vendor to maintain payroll and accounting systems; recommends updates to enhance software systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Highly proficient with payroll and accounting software; Paylocity experience a plus.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Demonstrated professional discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Sharepoint, MS Teams or similar software.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Accounting, or related discipline preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of accounting experience required OR any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the skills and abilities necessary to perform the required tasks for this position.
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com