Crawford Company is a premier contractor, fabricator, and manufacturer located in the Quad Cities. Crawford has various divisions and specializes in commercial, industrial, and residential markets. As our organization continues to grow, we are looking for a seasoned human resources professional to lead us confidently into the future. Recruiting, engaging, and retaining our high functioning team is part of the Crawford way of doing business. Our Director of Human Resources will be part of our senior leadership team and supervise two professional employees.
Projects to be included in the first year:
- Assisting in the implementation of technology to streamline our business processes and HRIS
- Creating and implementing our strategy to remain an employer of choice within our industry
- Updating our total rewards (compensation, benefits) to remain competitive
Our Director of Human Resources, along with an HR Generalist and HR Specialist is responsible for all functional HR areas including: recruitment/employment, employee relations, benefits administration, risk management, safety, workmen's compensation, and employment law compliance.
The ideal candidate has five or more years leading an HR function, is an innovative thinker who enjoys collaboration and works well with a variety of colleagues.
The Director of Human Resources serves as a senior leader in the organization. The director, on a daily basis, performs HR-related duties in a professional manner and works closely with other members of management supporting the overall mission of the organization. The position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment/employment, employee relations, benefits administration, risk management, workmen's compensation, and employment law compliance, while assisting and supporting the company safety program.
Essential Functions of the Director of Human Resources:
- Leads the human resources function and staff, aligning activities, goals, and outcomes to support overall goals of the organization
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, local employment/benefits laws and regulations
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures to attract and retain high quality employees, and ensures they are consistent with company goals. Updates and communicates policies with all employees.
- Develops, coordinates and/or conducts training and presentations to meet the needs of the organization and comply with state, federal, or industry requirements.
- Oversees and performs benefit administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communication benefits information to employees
- Manages the recruitment process from job posting to onboarding and collaborates with department managers to determine hiring needs and secure high quality talent
- Develops and oversees the organization's performance management program, assisting front line leaders to ensure a meaningful process
- Serves as an employee relations expert. Assists leaders with discipline as needed and conducts exit interviews.
- Oversees and/or completes required reporting including affirmative action program; EEO-1 report; and maintains other records and logs for federal and state regulations, while assisting with OSHA reporting and compliance
- Works with experts to develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines. Ensures activities to maintain a culture where health and safety is a priority. Document accidents or incidents as needed to discover causes and to handle worker's compensation claims.
- Partner with outside entities for benefits, legal, risk, safety, and any HR consulting work that may be needed
- Oversees the organization risk management, including auto and property insurance and claims.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ethical Practices
- Global and Cultural Awareness
- HR Expertise
- Relationship Management
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five or more years of human resources leadership preferred
- Familiar with best practices in recruiting, employee relations, and benefit administration
- Experience with Safety, OSHA, and Risk Management
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM CP/SCP preferred
Crawford Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
or submit your resume via email to email@example.com.