News at a Glance
- Needing quick and simple ideas to transform how you recruit top talent? We are welcoming Theresa Nordstrom to speak over the lunch hour on Tuesday, April 16, 2019 (11:00AM - 1:00PM). Register TODAY to avoid paying any late fees!
- Mark Hudson will serve as our presenter for our harassment training breakfast event on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 (7:15AM - 9:15AM). Click here to register or see below for further details.
- Are you interested in sponsoring a meeting, sending an e-mail blast and obtaining a discount on future sponsorships? If so, consider serving as a GRHRA partner. See below on options for this new GRHRA feature.
- The Spring Super Sector Event is occurring tomorrow from 8:00 - 10:30am at the Birchwood Learning Center. This event is FREE to attend. See below to register.
- Needing more Professional Development Credits? SHRM is offering a special promotion to take one of SHRM's virtual programs and get a second one FREE. Read below to find out how to take advantage of this offer.
UPCOMING MEETING & IMPORTANT DATES
Simple Tweaks to Transform How You Recruit Top Talent!
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 (11:00AM - 1:00PM)
Calling all Recruiters, HR Business Partners, and Hiring Leaders!! Join Theresa Nordstrom, founder of Nordstrom Talent, an Executive Search Firm started in 2015, for an interactive discussion on how you can start impacting your talent changes today!
Harassment Training - Tickets will be on sale soon!
Tuesday, May 21, 2019 (7:15AM - 9:15AM)
Save the date! Mark Hudson will present a follow-up sexual harassment training. He will also touch on other types of harassment in the workplace. Be prepared for scenarios and a Q&A portion!
GRHRA PARTNER OPPORTUNITIES
Whether a GRHRA member or not, you may be interested in becoming a GRHRA partner. Within this opportunity, take advantage of the many offerings that GRHRA can provide for both you, personally, and for your business. Review the table below to determine level options. Feel free to click on the image to be redirected to our sponsorship page and have the ability to purchase your level.
Spring Super Sector Event - Free Event
Thursday, April 11, 2019
Birchwood Learning Center
4620 E. 53rd St., Davenport
Connect for Success!
Developing a strong workforce and creating a pipeline are key issues for business and industry today. Join us for the Spring Super Sector to learn about innovative ways to promote your business and high demand occupations to youth and job seekers. Hear about new educational initiatives in Illinois and Iowa designed to help strengthen relationships between business and education. Changing the dynamics of our workforce will require that every business engages. Learn about systems in place to ensure that your company can connect for success!
To register, go to http://www.regionalsectorboards.org/
SPECIAL PROMOTION for PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CREDITS
Attention Chapter Members! Are you searching for ways to get PDC’s? For a limited time, SHRM has offered our chapter members the opportunity to take one of SHRM’s virtual programs and get a second one free. Register for any of the three virtual programs listed below will receive complementary access to a second program from our spring 2019 virtual catalog. This does not apply to any virtual SHRM-CP/SCP Certification Preparation or in-person programs.
- Apr 16 – May 9: Virtual L&D: Developing Organizational Talent
- May 15 – June 12 : Virtual Inclusion, Diversity and Equity: Building a Culture of Excellence
- Apr 30 – May 23: Virtual Business Acumen: Aligning Business Operations and HR
Here’s how it works:
- You must register before the program’s kick-off date to get complementary access to a second virtual program from the SHRM spring 2019 offerings (see the link below) . This special applies to any virtual program except for virtual SHRM-CP/SCP Certification Preparation or in-person programs. Simply go to the SHRM Store to register and pay for one of the three programs mentioned above.
- Review the other virtual offerings and select your complementary program. To enroll in the second program, email Juan Carlos Estrella, SHRM’s Education Programs Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide him your name and the name of the program you have selected. Once your enrollment in one of the three programs is completed and verified, Juan Carlos will give you the complementary access to the second.
JOB BOARD OPPORTUNITIES
Talent Acquisition Specialist, posted 04/03/2019
Vibrant Credit Union, Moline, IL
Manager, Compensation & Benefits, posted 04/01/2019
Stanley Consultants, Muscatine, IA
Director of Human Resources, posted 03/06/2019
Girl Scouts, Location Options in Iowa
Human Resources Intern, posted 03/04/2019
Human Resources Intern, Quad Cities
Senior Director of Human Resources, posted 02/21/2019
Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, IA
Human Resource Administrator, posted 02/18/2019
Solar Plastics, Davenport, IA
“The greatest shapers don’t stop at introducing originality into the world. They create cultures that unleash originality in others.” ―