News at a Glance
- There is still time to sign-up for our lunch hour event on Tuesday, March 19, 2019 (11:00AM - 1:00PM). If you need inspiration or direction around the topic of HR Analytics, come join us! Jennifer Palar will host a session that will focus on appropriate questions to ask as well as how to compile and clean data. Register prior to end of day on March 13 to avoid paying a late fee.
- We are welcoming Theresa Nordstrom to speak over the lunch hour on Tuesday, April 16, 2019 (11:00AM - 1:00PM). Theresa will share ideas to transform how you recruit top talent. See below for further event information.
- Mark Hudson will serve as our presenter for our harassment training breakfast event on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 (7:15AM - 9:15AM). Tickets are now on sale! See below for further details.
- In order to better meet the needs of those in attendance at our November legistlative update, we would like to get your input on topics most applicable to your company or current position. Please click here to take our 1-question survey.
- Gabriele Rutherford, a Human Resource Management major at Western Illinois University - Quad Cities, is surveying HR professionals in the Quad Cities to find out more about what practices they use for performance appraisals. Click here to take the 10-minute survey
UPCOMING MEETING & IMPORTANT DATES
HR Analytics: What to Know & What to Do
Tuesday, March 19, 2019 (11:00AM - 1:00PM)
Join us as Jennifer Palar covers the topic of HR Analytics. Determine appropriate business/HR questions to ask and how to compile & clean data. Also, learn to tie analysis results to business-related questions to improve the problem-solving process.
Simple Tweaks to Transform How You Recruit Top Talent!
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 (11:00AM - 1:00PM)
Calling all Recruiters, HR Business Partners, and Hiring Leaders!! Join Theresa Nordstrom, founder of Nordstrom Talent, an Executive Search Firm started in 2015, for an interactive discussion on how you can start impacting your talent changes today!
Harassment Training - Tickets will be on sale soon!
Tuesday, May 21, 2019 (7:15AM - 9:15AM)
Save the date! Mark Hudson will present a follow-up sexual harassment training. He will also touch on other types of harassment in the workplace. Be prepared for scenarios and a Q&A portion!
Spotlight Survey for HR Major
My name is Gabriele Rutherford, and I am a Human Resource Management major at Western Illinois University - Quad Cities. This semester, I have been working on an honors project for the Appraising and Developing Employees course. For this project, I have decided to survey HR professionals in the Quad Cities to find out more about what practices they use for performance appraisals. I want to reach as many HR professionals as possible.
The survey is online, and the responses will remain anonymous. This survey should not take more than 10 minutes to complete. The survey can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/FpX0LORgQiZEldoM2
JOB BOARD OPPORTUNITIES
Director of Human Resources, posted 03/06/2019
Girl Scouts, Location Options in Iowa
Human Resources Intern, posted 03/04/2019
Human Resources Intern, Quad Cities
Senior Director of Human Resources, posted 02/21/2019
Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, IA
Human Resource Administrator, posted 02/18/2019
Solar Plastics, Davenport, IA
Manager, Compensation & Benefits, posted 01/24/2019
Stanley Consultants, Muscatine, IA
Manager, Organizational Effectiveness, posted 01/24/2019
Stanley Consultants, Muscatine, IA
Human Resources Generalist, posted 01/22/2019
Scott County, Davenport, IA
“It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” - Herman Melville