Manager, Compensation & Benefits - Stanley Consultants
Job Title: Manager, Compensation & Benefits Job Type: Full-time
Location: Muscatine, IA Reports To: Chief Human Resources Officer
Under the leadership of the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Compensation & Benefits Analyst is responsible for maintaining the integrity and competitive quality of the organization’s total rewards program. Lead in the development, implementation, and administration of the total rewards package including compensation structures and benefits programs including medical, dental, life, disability, and 401k offerings. This individual will serve as the subject matter expert for benefits and compensation and will serve as the human resource system administrator.
Ensure the company provides its members with competitive total rewards programs.
- Identify, analyze and recommend enhancements or changes to compensation and benefit programs based on market trends, company strategy, or changes in regulations
- Conduct benchmarking and evaluate the competitiveness of the company’s pay practices, including base pay, short-term, long-term incentive programs and other compensation programs. In addition, assist in research, development and implementation of executive pay programs such as deferred compensation and equity programs
- Prepare reports for executive management review of compensation and benefit program changes
- Negotiate and manage relationships with insurance carriers, consultants, actuaries, brokers, record keepers and third-party administrators
- Implement benefit design changes, enhancements, and/or new programs
- Develop and implement communication/education programs to enhance member knowledge, appreciation, and effective use of benefits
Provide guidance, support, and coordination in the consistent and effective application of compensation and benefit policies and procedures.
- Develop, revise and implement relevant compensation and benefit programs that are aligned with our strategy and current workforce trends
- Interpret and administer compensation and benefit programs, policies and procedures to meet contractual, legal and strategic objectives
- Develop and maintain job documentation, including job descriptions and job titles with standard naming conventions
- Act as an internal consultant to the human resource team and managers in support of job offers, promotions, terminations, etc. on compensation and benefit issues
- Develop and maintain a global mobility program to support our internationally based members and business strategy
- Remain current with applicable federal and state employment law impacting compensation and benefit programs
Ensures that HR system functionality supports process efficiency and ongoing organizational needs.
- Manage the design, testing, implementation and maintenance of the Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
- Manage report writing for HRIS system
- Complete government filings as required
- Provide data/analysis to members in support of organizational initiatives
- Audit reports and data entry for accuracy, clarity and timeliness
Deliver consistent and efficient processes for Human Resources tasks.
- Collaborate with human resource team to ensure standard work processes are implemented, continually evolve, and meet quality standards
- Direct the implementation of enhancements to department procedures to increase the efficiency of operations & quality of services provided
- Oversee benefit open enrollment process and communications
- Oversee maintenance of written procedures related to the member life cycle
Desired Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree BS/BA in Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field with 4-7 years of professional human resource experience in benefits and compensation administration with progressive responsibilities. Experience in managing HR Systems required (UltiPro preferred). We are looking for an individual who is curious to find a better way of doing things, with strong analytical skills and the ability to work well within a team and interact with upper level management.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.