News at a Glance
- With a new year, we welcome a new GRHRA board! See below for appointed positions as well as a message from our 2019 President, Stacey Cary.
- There is still time to register for our meeting on Tuesday, January 15, 2019, from 7:15-9:15AM, Work-Life Balance in the Workplace. During this event, Dr. Cheryl True will explore the topic of work-life balance, not just from an industry perspective, but also with a person-centered lens, including topics embracing health and well-being. What a great topic to start the new year! Register now!
- Join us on Tuesday, February 19, 2019, from 7:15-9:15 AM, for an informative session on the latest happenings in the world of employee benefits! This will be beneficial to HR professionals of all levels of experience. See details below on how to register!
- St. Ambrose is in search of volunteers to review resumes, cover letters and LinkedIn profiles on February 27, 2019. This is a great opportunity to recruit young talent for your own company/organization. See contact details below to sign-up for this opportunity.
- Take a look at the job board! As a reminder, if you are a GRHRA member, you can post an HR-related job for free if the job is internal to your company.
UPCOMING MEETING & IMPORTANT DATES
Work-Life Balance in the Workplace
Tuesday, January 15, 2019 (7:15AM - 9:15AM)
Trying to walk the tightrope between work & home life? Are your employees? How can we find that work-life balance as employers, employees and as individuals? Do we ever “arrive?” How does HR fit? Join us to explore these questions and so much more with Dr. Cheryl True, a health and lifestyle doctor in the Quad Cities!
Benefit Plan Tips, Trends, and Possibly Terrible Ideas!
Tuesday, February 19, 2019 (7:15AM - 9:15AM)
We asked benefit experts, Brad Johnson & Tally Curry, if they could simplify what employers need to know about employee benefit trends & ideas being pitched to HR. Accepting the challenge, this will be a beneficial event for all HR professionals!
2019 GRHRA BOARD
MESSAGE FROM OUR 2019 GRHRA PRESIDENT
Happy New Year and Welcome to Great River Human Resource Association!
My name is Stacey Cary and I am pleased to serve as the 2019 Chapter President for GRHRA. I look forward to leading our chapter in providing support, education, and networking to HR Professionals in the Quad Cities. As President of this SHRM affiliate chapter, I will continue to lead the GRHRA Board in providing resources that connect our area HR leaders to SHRM both statewide and nationally. Additionally, it has always been GRHRA’s goal to be the locally recognized HR organization to develop HR professionals while also offering our voice for HR-related issues to businesses and organizations throughout the Quad Cities.
The 2019 GRHRA Board supports the empowerment of Human Resources by encouraging SHRM professional certification both through the initial SHRM certification testing as well as re-certification credits. We will continue to provide relevant, quality, and affordable programming to our members that will give you the resources and skills you need to stay current in this ever-changing environment. We recognize that our HR Professionals need a voice in the Executive Suite of Business and will strive to provide the resources to help our professionals get there!
GRHRA’s mission is “To be the foremost connection of human resource information between SHRM and our members for the betterment of our community and the HR profession.” As SHRM updates their Body of Competency and Knowledge to meet the needs of its members, the GRHRA Board and Committees are working to provide that same guidance to our members and the community. We are committed to keeping our social responsibility in the jobs we do through areas of Diversity, Workforce Readiness, and College Relations. We feel it is also important to be knowledgeable about employment practices and HR trends.
If you are not yet a member, please consider joining by going to our membership page: http://www.grhra.org/memsub.html. If you are currently a member, thank you for being a part of our organization. I invite you to step forward if you would like to get involved in an area of specific interest to you by contacting a board member or committee chair: http://www.grhra.org/board.html
We anticipate an eventful year that will help you reach a standard of excellence in Human Resources.
Stacey Cary MBA HRM, SHRM-SCP, SPHR
GRHRA 2019 President
SEARCHING FOR VOLUNTEERS
The St. Ambrose University Career Center is looking for volunteers to help with resume reviews, cover letter reviews, and LinkedIn profile reviews on Wednesday, February 27th from 9:30-12:00 PM and 1:00-4:00 PM. This is a great way to recruit young talent for your company/organization. If you are interested in volunteering, please email email@example.com or call 563-333-6342.
JOB BOARD OPPORTUNITIES
Payroll & Benefits Coordinator, posted 01/06/2019
Vibrant Credit Union, Moline, IL
Human Resources Assistant, posted 12/19/2018
Augustana College, Rock Island, IL
Human Resources Specialist, posted 12/10/2018
Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, IA
Human Resources Coordinator, posted 11/30/2018
Community Health Care Inc., Davenport, IA
"Anything becomes interesting if you look at it long enough." Gustave Flaubert