Payroll & Benefits Coordinator - Vibrant Credit Union
Job Title: Payroll & Benefits Coordinator FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: VP, Talent Management
The Payroll & Benefits Coordinator is responsible for payroll, benefits and HR administration. Payroll involves the bi-weekly processing of paychecks; processing salary and employee changes; and completing monthly and quarterly taxes. Assisting with employee orientations and explaining the benefit self-enrollment system to newly hired employees, COBRA administration, maintaining employee data and report creation are a few other areas in which this position provides valuable support. HR administration covers a multitude of other responsibilities that requires this individual to be highly motivated and a self-starter.
Talent Management Administration:
- Process new hires, update and maintain employee information in the HRIS. Perform specialized and confidential administrative duties, including researching data and preparing reports as needed. Process change of status requirements (name or address change, marital change, promotion, salary increase, insurance and benefit changes).
- Participate in new employee orientation, explaining employee benefits programs, which includes insurance and other payroll/human resources related matters.
- Coordinate workers' compensation claims with third-party administrator. Follow up on claims.
- Review and respond to unemployment claims with appropriate documentation. Review monthly unemployment statements.
- Serve as point of contact for employees with payroll and benefits questions.
- Coordinate leave policies (FMLA, LOA, STD, LTD), providing documentation and explanation to employees and managers regarding leave guidelines.
- Actively work and manage Talent Management inquiries through our ticketing system to resolve employee and member issues in a timely manner.
- Perform all payroll functions, including the processing of an error-free, bi-weekly payroll for all employees.
- Monitor and process merit increases, department transfers, garnishments, child support, commission and bonuses.
- Reconcile hours worked to hours paid. Act as the technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems related to payroll and timekeeping.
- Provide account reconciliations with General Ledger balances, benefits vendor billings, tax, and other deduction and contribution source data.
- Contact various department supervisors for any missed times.
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits. Ensure all required employee paperwork is completed timely.
- Handle enrollments, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, and rollovers. Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in HRIS for payroll deduction.
- Manage all insurance billing. Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies. Assist in completing benefits reporting requirements.
- Assist in obtaining information in renewal process of any health, life and retirement plans.
- Track and administer COBRA benefits, with the assistance of a third party administrator.
- Serves as a liaison between employees, insurance providers to resolve benefit related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relation.
Talent Management Correspondence:
- Respond to employee questions and requests via in person, telephone, or electronically.
- Compose, process, and distribute communication on benefits and Talent Management related administrative requirements. Disseminate relevant information and updates on benefits or policies.
- Respond to payroll and benefit questions and concerns of employees, researching records and involving other resources/staff as needed.
- Serve as primary contact for all payroll and benefit related vendors and third-party administrators.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Compile and manage benefit vendor bills and submit for approval.
- Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Keep current with HR payroll policies and changes affecting payroll rules, law and regulations; provide input on policies and procedures for payroll processing.
- Ensure benefit plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed.
- File required documents and reports according to state and federal payroll guidelines in an accurate and timely fashion (i.e. W-2s, unemployment data, garnishments, payroll tax, etc.).
Staff Level Expectations
1. Provide exceptional experience to help drive sales and service.
2. Be quick to engage when there is an opportunity for interaction.
3. Positively contribute to your individual Team dynamic and the organization as a whole.
4. Dare to be different. Have fun doing it.
5. Successfully meet individual goals and objectives.
Universal Expectations / Vibrant Core Values
Engaging: Vibrant employees are consistently present. They invest a high level of focus into their primary role, regardless of if they’re directly servicing members or ensuring that our behind the scenes procedures are running efficiently.
Active: Vibrant employees are fire starters. They are quick to take initiative, are decisive, help wherever help is needed, and jump into whatever task is needed to get the job done.
Unique: We expect our employees to bring a level of dedication and initiative to their work that surprises our members. We will push the boundaries of unique and outstanding service. We dare to be different.
Fearless: We expect our employees to be bold, daring, and confident. Our employees will be unflinching in their dedication to providing a unique and surprisingly different experience.
Tenacious: We are relentless in our pursuit of greatness. Vibrant employees have an internal spark and drive that would surprise the everyday individual.
1. High school diploma plus 2-3 years’ experience with payroll processing (Paylocity is a plus), group benefit plans, and maintaining an HRIS system.
2. 1-2 years experience in Human Resources specifically related to managing FMLA, LOA, and STD.
3. Excellent computer skills (Excel/Sheets, Word/Docs, and Outlook/Gmail).
4. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple tasks.
5. Organizational skills, attention to detail and deadlines required
6. Ability to prioritize but also follow direction and work independently towards a solution i.e. creative thinker.
7. Must exhibits a superior level of confidentiality and empathy when dealing with sensitive information regarding financial data and employment information.
To be successful in this position, an individual must be personable, dependable, tactful, accurate, and patient. This individual should also possess excellent verbal communication skills and mathematical reasoning ability. They must understand all Vibrant Credit Union products and services. It is essential that this individual understand and abide by the strict confidentiality policies that are necessary in any financial institution.
Application Instructions: Interested applicants should click HERE to apply.