Human Resources Assistant - Augustana College
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant Status: Non-Exempt Full-time, 12-month schedule
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
Provides a wide variety of support for the Augustana Office of Human Resources including front lines support and direction to others as needed. Manages data collection and data entry for new and departing employees, as well as a variety of employee changes. Maintains the HR website and social medial presence. Collects information on leaves and assists with events, training, and meetings as needed.
- Interacts with current and prospective Augustana employees by phone, e-mail and/or in person to answer questions, provide materials and/or direct them to the right person to resolve the issues.
- Assists with on-boarding of new employees by providing welcome materials, entering necessary information into the HR system, scheduling check-in meetings and assisting with transition issues. Works with exiting employees to ensure benefits are ended or transitioned and all exit activities have occurred.
- Maintain and update employee information in Colleague system. Keep HR pages on website to reflect updated information for employees including policies, HR news, forms and initiatives.
- Handles the invoice management, budget tracking and purchase card reconciliation for all department members.
- Maintains and updates a variety of reports and spreadsheets tracking confidential information.
- Assists with placing of job postings, scheduling of applicant interviews. Works with internal and external partners to assist in filing of necessary documents related to work authorization.
- Assists with a variety of employee events including campus wide social events, retirement celebration, service award celebration, and others.
- Update HR social media pages
- Oversees collection of completed performance appraisals and other documents related to non-faculty employee issues.
- Maintains the personnel files for all Augustana employees including past employees.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the HR department and payroll department to achieve department and college priorities.
- Provides clerical support of a wide variety of needs for the Director of Human Resources and other colleagues as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED required. Additional education and/or experience highly preferred.
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience of related experience in a professional setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, detail orientation and demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel. Experience with Colleague Datatel or other robust enterprise wide computer system is a definite plus.
- Experience or ability to quickly learn Augustana CMS system to update postings and webpages. Familiarity with a wide variety of social media channels is preferred.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of colleagues and members of the campus community
- Excellent in-person and phone customer service skills and ability to maintain focus in a busy office environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple priorities in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Spanish fluency highly preferred.
Must be able to lift 15 pounds on a frequent basis. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, read, write, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time. Must be able to use a computer to accomplish a variety of job tasks.
This job description is subject to change and is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. All prospective employees must pass a criminal background check.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume and hourly wage requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Augustana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.