GRHRA Event November 17 - Another Fine Mess You Got Us Into - Legal Labor and Employment Update
What: Another Fine Mess You Got Us Into - Legal Labor and Employment Update with Matt Pappas
Date: Tuesday November 17, 2015
Location: Rogalski Center, St. Ambrose University, Davenport, Iowa
Cost: $15 for ALL GRHRA members (RSVP by end of day November 9 to avoid late charge)| $30 for GUESTS
Times: Doors open at 11:00 AM | Meal served at 11:20 | Business Meeting | Presentation at Noon
Another Fine Mess You Got Us Into - Legal Labor and Employment Update
• Developments in Equal Employment Opportunity – Update of Federal, Illinois and Iowa law and decisions. Focusing on their practical application and implications for the workplace;
• An ADA, NLRA and other statutory update, on ground-breaking developments and practical guidance.
• Whose Grass is Greener - Iowa or Illinois? - Comparison of the labor and employment climate in each state.
Matt is a principal of Pappas Davidson O’Connor & Fildes P.C. He is a recognized professional who is awarded the highest rating (AV) from Martindale-Hubbell for legal ability and ethics.
Management labor, employment matters and litigation
Private and public sector clients including local and national corporations, colleges and school districts, hospitals, medical corporations, and banks
• Litigating complex employment disputes, including class actions in federal and state courts
• Guiding Public entities through Freedom of Information Act and Open Meetings Act
• Designing and drafting complex executive compensation and severance packages
• Establishing client employment policies and procedures
• Conducting compliance reviews and assisting in preparation of employee handbooks and other materials
• Negotiating collective bargaining issues
• Advising clients on employment, reductions in force, plant closures, noncompetes, and trade secret matters
• Advising employers concerning labor relations
• Counseling and representation in litigation regarding federal, state and local statutes and regulations
• Training including Corporate Governance, violence in the workplace, harassment, Affordable Care Act, Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act
Thank you to our November Sponsor!