SHRM Affiliate Program for Excellence
SHRM depends upon each of its affiliates to operate in a
professional manner; effectively manage its finances; maintain affiliation
standards; communicate with members, the community and SHRM; and promote SHRM.
Completing all 9 items in the Basic Requirements section is a baseline of
operations and will help your chapter build a stronger foundation for success.
All 9 items are required to maintain “good standing” with SHRM.
Briefly, the requirements are:
• Submit a completed 2012 Chapter Leader
Information Form (CLIF) by December 1, 2011, to identify all leaders in the
• Chapter president must be a member of SHRM
during the entire term of office.
• Ensure that your chapter conference or other
major chapter education events (including co-sponsored programs) with
greater than 200 attendees do not take place “around” the SHRM Annual
Conference & Exposition.
• Provide year-end financial results for the
period 1/1/2011 through 12/31/2011.
• Ensure that the current SHRM “AFFILIATE OF”
logo is correctly, consistently and prominently displayed on printed materials,
publications, products, and web sites.
• Hold a minimum of four chapter meetings with
programs and four chapter board meetings during the calendar year 2011.
• Upon request, submit your chapter’s
membership directory/roster for auditing by SHRM staff at least one time during
the calendar year 2011.
• Review your chapter’s bylaws annually and
update as needed.
• Chapter president will participate in at
least 50 percent of state council meetings and conference calls.